I haven't had the opportunity to write due to a crazy and busy weekend.
First of all, I am proud to say we finally closed the refinance loan on our house LATE Friday night...it was around 10pm. Originally it was supposed to be around 5:30, but the closer called off sick at the last minute, so the next available person was at 10...we stayed up past our bedtime just to get the loan closed! It's a relief. The cash back we're supposed to get is going to be wired into our account tomorrow, so we are excited about that. DH can finally get his motorcycle and I have money for us to get fertility treatments.

The next busy part of our weekend is my poor baby (my Lhasa Apso dog, Karma). During the day on Saturday I noticed she was licking her butt quite a bit, but thought it was just itchy. When it was time to get ready for bed I decided to feel her tail, because it looked really wet and dirty...well...it was matted like crazy! So, I started to just cut out the mats when I noticed that her left anal gland ruptered. Poor thing. Wish I would have looked at her butt earlier to notice that it was swollen and about to rupture, but she didn't do any of the other symptoms (scooting of the rear end or anything like that)...well..I decided to try and wait until the morning since she was sleeping okay. I couldn't fall asleep, so I called the emergency vet about 30 minutes of trying to fall asleep and they said to bring her right in. So...I sat at the emergency vet from 11:30pm - 2am. I was tired and hungry. Luckily, they had an M&M machine in the lobby so I managed to find a quarter and get some candy to tide me over. So, anyways, they fushed out both anal glands, shaved her tushy and gave her antibiotics. All day Sunday she kept by my side (she was hurting....her poor tushy hurt!). So, for the next 10 days I have to give her antiobiotics twice a day and warm tushy compresses twice a day.
First of all, I am proud to say we finally closed the refinance loan on our house LATE Friday night...it was around 10pm. Originally it was supposed to be around 5:30, but the closer called off sick at the last minute, so the next available person was at 10...we stayed up past our bedtime just to get the loan closed! It's a relief. The cash back we're supposed to get is going to be wired into our account tomorrow, so we are excited about that. DH can finally get his motorcycle and I have money for us to get fertility treatments.
The next busy part of our weekend is my poor baby (my Lhasa Apso dog, Karma). During the day on Saturday I noticed she was licking her butt quite a bit, but thought it was just itchy. When it was time to get ready for bed I decided to feel her tail, because it looked really wet and dirty...well...it was matted like crazy! So, I started to just cut out the mats when I noticed that her left anal gland ruptered. Poor thing. Wish I would have looked at her butt earlier to notice that it was swollen and about to rupture, but she didn't do any of the other symptoms (scooting of the rear end or anything like that)...well..I decided to try and wait until the morning since she was sleeping okay. I couldn't fall asleep, so I called the emergency vet about 30 minutes of trying to fall asleep and they said to bring her right in. So...I sat at the emergency vet from 11:30pm - 2am. I was tired and hungry. Luckily, they had an M&M machine in the lobby so I managed to find a quarter and get some candy to tide me over. So, anyways, they fushed out both anal glands, shaved her tushy and gave her antibiotics. All day Sunday she kept by my side (she was hurting....her poor tushy hurt!). So, for the next 10 days I have to give her antiobiotics twice a day and warm tushy compresses twice a day.
The picture above is of Karma getting her warm tushy compress

1 comments:
Yeah for finally closing on the refinance! What a relief! And your little doggy Karma... awww, her poor little butt!
Post a Comment